AMERICA'S 'THREADS' MAGAZINE (ISSUE 143 - June/July 09)
'Threads' Magazine is bi-monthly and one of America's top sewing magazine.
'Threads' is a technical garment sewing magazine for enthusiastic sewers of all skill levels. It includes the best first-hand instructions on a variety of sewing topics. In every issue you will find inspirational features on design ideas for all your sewing projects, construction and finishing techniques from sewing professionals on fitting, alterations, fabric, embellishment techniques from beading to machine embroidery, for garments, quilts, and home furnishings, and lots more.
In this issue (June / July 2009) there are features on:-
• Piece Accord - create color harmony with this Seminole patchwork technique
• Playing Doubles - finish a neckline with two collars and less bulk
• Get Biased - create a bias topper from two squares of fabric
• Improve the Bottom Line - adjust your pants pattern to fit a shapely derriere
• Living on the Edge - Tahari-inspired trim details make your creations the cente of attention
• Homage to Yves Saint Laurent - the man who changed the way women dress
• Notions - hang-stitched note-card kits, professional stain removal kit, five-in-one sewing gauge, reusable dry cleaning bags, geometric shape patterns
All these features along with the regular letters, tips and lots more