AMERICA'S 'THREADS' MAGAZINE (ISSUE 137 - Jun / Jul 08)
'Threads' Magazine is bi-monthly and one of America's top sewing magazine.
'Threads' is a technical garment sewing magazine for enthusiastic sewers of all skill levels. It includes the best first-hand instructions on a variety of sewing topics. In every issue you will find inspirational features on design ideas for all your sewing projects, construction and finishing techniques from sewing professionals on fitting, alterations, fabric, embellishment techniques from beading to machine embroidery, for garments, quilts, and home furnishings, and lots more.
In this issue (June / July 2008) there are features on:-
• The Serger Sews - construct clothes quickly, cleanly and professionally
• 3 Quick to Make Projects - contributing editors offer up fast summer stuff
• TAILORING SERIES PART 2 - Tailor a Brush Fringe Edge - hair canvas and the right stabilzing technique keep it looking great
• From Sloper to Shirt, Part 1 - turn your basic fitting pattern into a blouse design
• Fashion Squared - create chic pattern free clothes from rectangles
• Notions - Threads Fitting DVD Series boxed set, self measuring tape, serger specific patterns, digital label-maker, mitered corner tool
• Tips - instant boucle fringe, elasticized keyhole, serge selvages, digitally record design ideas, easy lint removal, iron clean-up
• Pattern Review - sew it seams
All these features along with the regular letters, tips and lots more