AMERICA'S 'THREADS' MAGAZINE (ISSUE 131 - Jun/ Jul 07)
'Threads' Magazine is bi-monthly and one of America's top sewing magazine.
'Threads' is a technical garment sewing magazine for enthusiastic sewers of all skill levels. It includes the best first-hand instructions on a variety of sewing topics. In every issue you will find inspirational features on design ideas for all your sewing projects, construction and finishing techniques from sewing professionals on fitting, alterations, fabric, embellishment techniques from beading to machine embroidery, for garments, quilts, and home furnishings, and lots more.
In this issue (June / July 2007) there are features on:-
• Take The Plunge - learn how to make an ultrasupportive swimsuit that fits your body and your style
• Go Against the Grain - get creative when aligning pattern pieces along the fabric's yarns
• From Couches to Coats!- get drop-dead gorgeous fabrics in the home dec. department
• PLUS-SIZE DRAPING SERIES, PART 2. Add a Sleeve to Your Bodice - draft a sleeve to fit your arm and armhole
• Get the Skinny on Pants Fabric - look like you've lost 10 pounds just by choosing the right textile and colour
• Taming Jersey Knits - to sew this soft, fluid fabric with ease, you need a few good tricks
• Notions - tabletop lamp, book on copying ready-to-wear garments, eco-friendly batting, luxury exhibit inspired by 'Threads' challenge
• Tips - ruler determines grainline, jewelry box stores notions, make a sewing worktable, dustpan attracts pins
• Pattern Review - dress takes center stage
All these features along with the regular letters, tips and lots more