AMERICA'S 'THREADS' MAGAZINE (ISSUE 130 - Apr/ May 07)
'Threads' Magazine is bi-monthly and one of America's top sewing magazine.
'Threads' is a technical garment sewing magazine for enthusiastic sewers of all skill levels. It includes the best first-hand instructions on a variety of sewing topics. In every issue you will find inspirational features on design ideas for all your sewing projects, construction and finishing techniques from sewing professionals on fitting, alterations, fabric, embellishment techniques from beading to machine embroidery, for garments, quilts, and home furnishings, and lots more.
In this issue (April / May 2007) there are features on:-
• The Perfect Little Black Dress - members of the Professional Association of Custom Clothiers take on making the quintessential little black dress
• 25 Cool Sewing Supplies - find inexpensive notions in the most unusual places
• The Graceful Funnel Collar - both flattering and funtional, the funnel collar has many faces
• PLUS-SIZE DRAPING SERIES, PART 1. Try Plus-Size Draping - For the Best Bodice Ever - when your measurements go off the charts, draping gives design freedom
• Make It Designer - sew a runway garment with a commercial pattern
• Art Darts - darts transcend their shaping purpose to become design elements
• Notions - adhesive measuring tape, book on fashion design fundametals, spot remover, chenille cutter, Simplicity/Threads contest
• Tips - organising buttons, make a tailor's ham, no-bulk elastic joint, masking tape seam-allowance guide
• Pattern Review - spring ushers in pretty tops
• Basics - keep your machine in tip-top shape
All these features along with the regular letters, tips and lots more